martes, 1 de noviembre de 2016

My future work

Well, this is something that I have ask myself many times. Like I told you before, I'm studying social work and I definitely know that this is what I want and that this is the area where I wanna to be and work. But is hard to choose one thing when you (I mean, me) want to try to change many things, to work in many places to contribute and work with others, but I can't deny that are some areas that I like the most.

In social work, and in society, it is very important how we refer to another person. Most cases dealing with this profession are faced with a person who all his life has been treated through lack, as if something was wrong with her, without question our system, programs or public policies. And I believe that results within the prison system reflect this. But this has to change.

Since I was on school I have been interested in the prison system and the function that has actually, public policies are not enough and the conditions that exist within prisons are very poor and deficit, and this leads to that there is not incentive for the people, to this is added that there are no support programs out of jail and when they leave prison, they are already stigmatized. This is something big in our society, and it is something that I wan't to change, I'm not saying that I, as a future social worker, I'll have the right answers but I have the desire to work to change the structures of society in which we live today, where one of his most direct reflections is the prison system.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario