miércoles, 27 de mayo de 2015

What to talk about...

The topic that I want to talk in my presentation is basiclly about what make and makes me everyday want to study and be a social worker. So I'm going to talk from my experience about how choose a career is have to more than just that. I choose this topic because I want to share this and I think is very important to see what we are studying not only as a job or a way to make money but like a way of living that make us to do what we do, with passion and dedication. What I'm going to tell to my classmates and our teacher is about the people who guide me to decide what I want, because all star with that.

In that time I was very confused when I thought in my future, in what I wanted to do for the rest of my life, this was because I want to do everything and I was undecided with many options of career and it was not until I go to the "semana del postulante" of the University of Chile that I met the teachers of Social Work. They were giving a talk about the career and I have the oportunity to talk with them, with Maria Antonieta Urquieta and Teresa Matus and in that moment I knew that I want this. I always consider Social Work like an option, in a moment it was my first option but then I started to be very insecure about what I want.

So, I consider that this women somehow give me the impulse to decide and be where I am today  and also what I want to mention in my presentation is one author that one of professor, Maria Antonieta makes us read for our class, this is Wrigth Mills and what she says in our first day of class about this author made me reflect, this was that what we decide for career to study is something that goes beyond that, is a way of life that we have to take me us always, is a lifestyle decision and that we have to take our experiences and bring them to our profession and work, look for the things that are around us and in our everyday. And this I think that is very valuable for any profession, especially in Social Work, this is a reason because I think is interesting this author and I also think that what he raises is important to us

So, This is a little about what I want to talk, but is not all! because we have to keep the mistery jaj

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Pamela, please remember that the presentation needs to have elements of a theory or a character. So I suggest you talk about social work and in the end refer to why you chose it. Let me know if you have questions

    ResponderEliminar